Mentorship is a frequently cited tool for ambitious professionals. Maybe you’ve heard that it’s beneficial, but you don’t know much about it. Perhaps you’ve wanted to participate as either a mentor or a mentee, but you don’t know how. Whatever your experience or interest level, this session provides valuable information to help you understand the power of mentorship and how to leverage it in your own career (whether or not your organization provides a formal program!).
In this session, you will learn:
- The many personal and professional benefits of mentorship (from both sides!)
- The different types of mentorships and how to determine which is right for you
- How to identify the right (internal or external) mentor or mentee for you
- Strategies to create a structure that supports your unique goals
- How to set your relationship up for success from the beginning
- How to know when it’s time to move on from a mentor/mentee and how to do it in the right way