No job is perfect. However, there are almost always things you can do to make an imperfect job a little closer to perfect. When you’re not happy with your current role, instead of jumping ship and finding a new job, you might want to first engage in a process referred to as “career crafting” or “job shaping.” With a few strategies, you can turn the job you have into the job you want.
Career crafting is a powerful tool that will help you take an active role in designing and customizing your job, so you can better leverage your unique talents, provide greater value to your employer, and experience more fulfillment in the process.
As a participant, you will learn…
- The positive benefits of career crafting for both you and your organization
- Techniques to identify opportunities for role expansion and/or modification
- How to convince decision-makers to support your ideas
- The limits and drawbacks of career crafting, and how to manage/avoid them
- The circumstances that are ideal for career crafting (and the ones that are not)