How to Stop Playing Catch up & Start Getting Ahead at Work (and in Life!)
In business, the advice to “be proactive” is repeated like a sacred mantra. And yet, no one ever bothers to explain exactly what that means or how to do it…until now!
The Proactive Professional provides all the missing pieces of the proactivity puzzle and offers a step-by-step actionable framework for becoming proactive at work and in life.
This book takes the mystery out of the process and solves the most pervasive and persistent problems of the modern day workplace.
In these pages, you will discover…
If you’re tired of always feeling two-steps behind, perpetually out-of-sync and overwhelmed…it’s time to get proactive. Take action today for a better tomorrow and unlock your potential with the power of proactivity!
“Chrissy Scivicque has a fresh and nuanced perspective on the world of work in the 21st century. She is an important voice in a market hungry for actionable, effective career guidance.”
–Pamela Slim, author, Body of Work and Escape from Cubicle Nation
The Proactive Profesional…
- Makes better use of resources, including time, energy, and money
- Prevents problems from occurring
- Responds promptly and appropriately to problems that can’t be avoided, thus reducing their negative impact
- Feels a greater sense of control and experiences less stress
- Establishes a positive and powerful reputation (In fact, the Proactive Professional is often described as a problem solver, strategic thinker, self-starter, even practically clairvoyant!)
Are you stuck in reactivity?
The typical reactive professional experiences a number of frustrations. Here are just some of the common complaints. See if any look familiar to you.
- I feel like I’m always playing catch up and never getting ahead.
- I’m totally focused on what’s going on today; I never have time to think about tomorrow.
- I’m often surprised by what’s in front of me each day.
- I feel overwhelmed by unexpected issues that come up.
- I face the same challenges and frustrations over and over again.
- I know some problems are predictable, but I often miss the signs.
- I know some problems are preventable, but I often fail to take action in time.
- I often miss deadlines or find myself rushing to meet them at the last minute.
- I feel powerless over everything around me—like I don’t have control over my day-to-day circumstances.
- I know I’m not working as effectively as I could, but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
Learning to be proactive helps resolve all of these issues and more. It is the one thing that separates the average professional from the exceptional one—in any position, in any industry.
The Proactive Professional Includes…
…to deepen your learning.
…for developing the Proactive Skillset.
SPECIFIC PROACTIVE PRACTICES
…for time management, career management and even relationship management.
LOADS OF EXAMPLES
…that bring the ideas to life.
“I am so excited as I am delving into every page of your book. I love your concepts! While you go deep with information and insight, your writing is an easy flow and I like the personal touches you added throughout the book. I really liked the Reflection Exercises at the end of each chapter. They are thought-provoking. Thanks so much for approaching a topic that is hard to wrap our arms around!”
–Joan Burge, CEO of Office Dynamics International
Get Your Copy of The Proactive Professional Now!